Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express for Brows and Eyes

Image from sephora.com
I love my brows.  They are decently full and usually don't require too much filling in.  Usually I just run some wax or brow gel through them to set them in place.  However, sometimes I want some more polish or drama.  That's when I reach for some brow powder.

A few months ago, I was offered the opportunity to review the Anastasia Beauty Express for Brows and Eyes kit.  As I am a lighter brunette, I chose the blonde kit.  It comes with 5 brow stencils, an eyebrow powder brush, a brow wax, 2 colors of brow powder and 2 eyeshadow colors.  The eyebrow colors are taupe and light brown.  They can be mixed or used separately depending on how much drama you want.  The eyeshadow colors are a shimmery cream used for highlighting the browbone and inner tear duct, and a matte pink color which can really brighten up and even out the lid. 

To be honest, I really didn't need 5 brow stencils.  A spoolie brush would have been more helpful, or maybe some tweezers.  Otherwise, I loved this kit.  The colors last really well in my brows, almost all day.  The eyeshadows are nice, but not the best in my collection.  Plus, I prefer cream eyeshadows.  I love the brow wax.  It holds my brows in place while keeping them looking natural.  They also don't feel stiff at all. 

This retails for $39.50 and can be found at Sephora.  I really like the kit and would highly recommend this for anyone who regularly fills in their brows.  Anastasia is known as the brow genius, and she did not disappoint here. 


*disclaimer: this product was provided without charge by a PR company.