Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Chantecaille Detox Clay Mask, Because I Like to Scare My Roommates

Earlier today I was sitting around, studying for finals, looking like this...

Sorry, I'm not sure I gave proper warning before that one.  That is my Chantecaille Detox Clay mask, and I love it.  I love it so much I am sharing how much I love it by posting a picture of myself looking utterly ridiculous for all the web to see.

The texture is whipped and mousse like.  Its a dream to apply and blend into an even layer.  The color is a bluish dark gray.  My boyfriend compared the color to a definitely blue piece of clothing, but he isn't the best at identifying color.

This mask is a detoxifying and purifying mask.  I find it helps to lessen the amount of breakouts I experience while also calming the redness I experience due to extremely sensitive skin.  It doesn't dry hard like most detoxifying masks, which is nice since that is the feature that usually irritates my skin.  It claims firming properties, but I am not really qualified to assess that.

Overall, I never want to be without this mask.  However, some might not agree as it retails for $78.  If you don't have sensitive skin, you might not need it.  If you do, you should definitely try it.


Disclaimer: Skincare is very personal.  What works for me might now work for you.  I just want to let you know my experiences.