Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

What is natural?


My mother, who went through chemo several years ago, has recently become obsessed with only using natural products.  As I know just a bit more than her in the world of beauty, I have begun questioning, what really is natural?  I have heard that labels such as natural and organic are not regulated by the FDA.  If it is ok to slap such a label on any old product, how are we, the consumers, to know what is natural and what isn't.
I have recently gotten very much into the Chantecaille brand as a whole.  I love pretty much everything I have tried from them.  They boast an all natural and botanical line, which I mostly believe from looking at the ingredients and learning about the creators of the brand.
What do you think?  Do you mostly believe the brands that boast "all natural"?   Do you wear natural makeup and skincare?  What are your favorite brands?

image from thedailygreen.com