Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Chantecaille Hydra Chic Lipstick in Tiger Lily

I realized today that a while back I mentioned that I had bought one of the new Chantecaille lipstick formula hyra chics in tiger lily but never actually showed you swatches or talked about it ever again. Shame on me.  I hope to make amends by finally showing it to you all now. 

Behold, tiger lily.

It is red. I love red. I grew up in red lipstick, quite literally as I was a dancer until the age of 15.  I rock a red lip from time to time despite the grossed out faces it receives from the DBF (he no likely the red lipstick...or any kind of visible lip products for that matter). 

Back to the review, I couldn't be more impressed with the Hydra chic formula.  I think I have mentioned more than once that I have amazingly dry lips.  Formulas that most boast as hydrating, I often find drying.  I even shy away from Chanel lip products as I find them to be drying.  Hydra chic, unlike Lip Chic, is not moisturizing per say, but it is not drying in the least bit.  It kind of acts as a second skin.  If it weren't for the fact that I have it in a red color, I would probably all but forget that I had it on.  In fact, I went to reapply, thinking it was all gone, and it was still perfectly in tact.

Which brings me to the second point of why this formula is so amazing, longevity.  This stuff wears like iron.  I am pretty hard on lip products, with all the constant eating and drinking, but this wore for a good 5+ hours on me, which is saying something.

And on to color.
This is in cool, natural light.  I would say that tiger lily is more of an orange red than a blue red, which this swatch doesn't particularly show.  It has no shimmer and somewhat of a satin finish.

This picture is with flash just to show another aspect of the color.

Overall, you have to try the new hydra chic lipstick formula. Yep, I'm saying have to.  Trust me, you will not be disappointed in the least bit. If your a fan of red, you will probably love tiger lily, but there are 3 other great shades currently and 3 more coming in the spring collection.