Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute Single Eyeshadow Swatches

Here begins my swatching of Le Metier de Beaute.  Since I have easy access to the brand and an amazing sales associate to help me, I decided that I would try to swatch the whole LMdB line for all of those who don't have the luxury of seeing the products in real life before they buy.  The lovely Replica of Visionary Beauty Blog (She has excellent taste. If you like my blog I would definitely recommend you check hers out) requested eye shadow swatches, so here they are!  
*They are now all accurate to the best of my knowledge :) Also, be sure to click the pictures because they are really more beautiful larger. 



 Top to bottom: crushed on ice, sugar, naked, sequoia, water sapphire, platinum, nutmeg, clay, fig, jojo, fire lily, tuscan sunset
 top-bottom: thunder, riverstone, alexandrite, innocence, noir, jade, goldstone, blue steel, corinthian, thunder, chameleon, rose champagne, spicy
Top-bottom:canvas, milan, Plum, bordeaux, lapis, Precision liquid liner in black, aqua and blue

I also wanted to include a special thanks to the lovely Danielle who works at the Le Metier counter at Neiman Marcus at the Fashion Valley mall.  She is such a doll and was very helpful with these swatches (we had a serious hard time getting those liners off my arm..I need them for sure).  She is also very knowledgeable and can be reached at 619-692-9100 ex. 2096.  She also does amazing makeover.  I will have to post a picture next time she does my makeup.

A second thanks is definitely due to the Le Metier PR and artistry teams (specifically Daniel) for helping me solve the mystery of the eyeshadow colors.  I initially forgot to photograph the eyeshadow display so that I would know which swatch is for which shadow and they graciously helped me identify.  Amazing customer service if you ask me, something that is always much appreciated and is frankly a breath of fresh air! They have certainly snagged me as a customer for life. 

*I am not affiliated  with Danielle (I just love her), Neiman Marcus or Le Metier de Beaute.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, this really was helpful! I think I *need* Blue Steel and Platinum in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Thank you so much for taking the trouble to do this Christina...these swatches are so very helpful. And thank you also for responding to my previous comment :)
    I was indeed very interested in a swatch of Corinthian, as when LMDB were still in the UK, the shade they were selling as Corinthian had no relation at all to the taupe gorgeousness I had seen in blog swatches. I had told Replica of this at the time, and we had puzzled over it. The mystery was never cleared and now they are gone...oh, well.
    I also have a shade by them called "Milan" (a light brown-cement with slight reddish undertones on my NC20-25 skin) which is lovely as transition colour. I didn't see it in your swatches, so perhaps it's discontinued.
    I so regret not getting more of these...
    Thank you again, great work :)
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I think I'm in love with you! Thank you so much for this. Now I can shop online without being completely blind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenn blue steel and platinum are really lovely and so smooth. Definitely a great start to a collection :)
    @inthesweetshop I have heard that several of the eyeshadow shades were very different in the UK versus the US and I think Corinthian was one of them. I do believe Milan is in there, I just have to check my names when I go back to Neimans this weekend.
    @perilouslypale glad I could help. That is pretty much why I am swatching the line because the online color representations are horrible :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for these, its really a helpful reference to have. I want so many of those shades, I think I'd lose control if I was ever at a LMDB counter ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @replica glad you like them :) I have almost the opposite problem where I can't decide what to get because I want too much of it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks so much! I've been waiting for a blogger to do a collective swatch post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous were you looking for any other part of the line to be swatched? I'm taking suggestions for my next mall trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is very helpful to us who don't have access to counters, thank you so much! I'm interested in seeing swatches of the lip cremes and brilliant glosses as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @switch I'm doing lipsticks this weekend but I will swatch the glosses soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been waiting for someone to do this! Thank you!!! I can't wait for the lipsticks! And yes, you deserve that many exclamation points :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @sparklehead thank you very much :) I took lipstick swatches today. I will post them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave any thoughts and musings here. I love to hear your feedback or just chat!