Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Shadow 15

I'm sure you have heard about these products to death by now, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in there.  Eyes to kill shadows are supposed to be a hybrid texture that sits somewhere between a powder and a cream.  They are highly pigmented and a blend of two colors to create dimensionality.  Armani claims these have 24 hour wear, are crease-proof, flake-proof, waterproof and sweatproof.

Whew!  Those are quite the claims.  In terms of the hybrid texture, 15 definitely feel hybrid to me.  Its definitely more "wet" than a normal powder but not quite a cream shadow texture.  I apply with my fingers and just one dip in the pot is enough to cover my whole lid in very intense pigment.  I can definitely see how these are more dimensional than just a solo color.  Mine comes out as a smokey gold bronze on my lid that can easily be toned down or amped up.

Now, onto the really crazy claims: 24 hour wear, crease-proof, flake-proof, waterproof, and sweat-proof.  I have to say, I've never tested the 24 hour thing.  The longest I would wear an eyeshadow would be 16 hours but this does last that long!  And that is with no primer.  They are definitely crease-proof, I never experience any.  I've never had an eyeshadow flake on me and this one was no exception.  I have swam in it and it lasted through all 30 minutes of laps.  I've also worn it to work on Saturday (where I am usually a sweaty mess) and it lasted the whole time.  So it seems, at least for me, that this shadow really does live up to it's claims.




The packaging is a glass put with a little stopper and a black screw top lid.  Its substantial and sturdy while being very clean and modern looking.  I wouldn't mind displaying this on my vanity.  15 was supposed to be a limited edition color last Holiday but is now part of the permanent line.  I purchased mine in June I believe.
This swipe in my just dipping my finger in the pit once and swiping it on my arm.  Truly unrivaled color.

These retail for $32 and honestly, you need one.  Probably more than one.  I already have a few others on my wishlist.  I would say you need all of the colors but several come over very white and frosty.