Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

20 Days of Tinted Moisturizers: Day 6


Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

First of all, I tried this in shade light.  I am fortunate enough that my grandma, the only other person in my family who is even remotely interested in beauty, is close to the same color as me.  She is a strong devotee of Smashbox, so I tried this while I was visiting her.

The packaging is fine, black and basic.  It has a flip top lip that it can stand up on.  It does have a small window to show the color of the TM inside, a definite plus for me.   I did use a moisturizer under this.  However, she does live in the desert which seems to suck all the moisture out of my skin.  The consistency is nice and creamy.  It is very easy to dispense just enough product.  It was very easy to spread, I used my fingers.   Coverage was decent.  I still needed some concealer.  It wasn't too glowy, which is nice since my skin can get a bit oily.  It lastly nicely, for a TM.  I never expect a tinted moisturizer to last all day.  They just aren't made for that. 

Excellent product and at $30 it is certainly not breaking the bank, at least not for me.  The tube is pretty big, 1.7 oz.  There are 5 shades that cover a nice range. 

Overall:  Great product.  I think it can work for all but the extremely oily.