Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bye Bye Shu

As I'm sure many of you have heard, Shu Uemura is being pulled from US markets.  As i did not own any Shu, I rushed to Nordstroms to at least pick up the famed eyelash curler. 


I used it for the first time today and it seems quite nice.  It didn't pinch at all.  However, I still am le suck at curling my lashes.  I also wanted the much touted cleansing oil, but I'm not sure how much face will feel about that decision. 


I decided just to get the minis.  The sales associate, who was awesome by the way(very rare if you ask me), recommended the anti-oxidant formula for me.  I told her I did not really have oily skin, though it is breakout prone.  I haven't tried this yet but expect a review sooner or later. 

Lastly, I picked up an eyeshadow duo from the spring collection. 


The one I got is glint blue.  It includes brown liquid eyeshadow:

which looks more taupey if you ask me...

and blue loose eyeshadow powder:


which is definitely blue. 

I haven't used them yet, but I did swatch them to show the colors. 


As you can see, brown is a metallicy taupe and blue is a shimmery light blue that borders on being glittery. 

The wonderful sales associate also included some samples of deepsea hydrability moisturizing cream as well as a little GWP that included an even minier A/O cleansing oil and a lipgloss.


Here is a swatch for ya:


Its a nice mauvy pink with lots of shimmer.  I think I will like this color alot. 

For the record, the sales associate said that Nordstroms will be carrying Shu for 5 more months as of the beginning of April.  She also said that you will still be able to purchase Shu through Shuuemura.com after it is pulled.  Good news for Shu lovers, me thinks. 

Disclaimer:  My wonderful mother purchased these products for me and I love her to death for it.  She also has a Shu curler, but hers is gold!