Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute with Marchesa Keren Craig Le Soliel Palette

The Marchesa Collection with which the Keren Craig palette belongs launched last fall for Fashions Night Out.  The collection included this palette, one by Georgina Chapman, a highlighter, an illuminator and several double ended glosses. I picked up this palette about 6 months ago from Neiman Marcus. 

The Keren Craig palette includes the Maldives Magic bronzer, concealer #5, lipgloss le caramel, cream blush la rougeur, and eyeshadow le fauve(which I find to be similar to alexandrite in the regular collection). 
This photo shows swatches (l-r) lip gloss, cream blush, concealer, eyeshadow and bronzer.

And some more because it's gorgeous.

My thoughts:

The packaging is tiny. So tiny.  Its a bit larger than a credit card an very thin.  This can be good though.  It makes it perfect for travel. 

Lipgloss: Its a thicker texture but not sticky.  It goes on very smooth and lasts well.  The color is a little bit frosty, a caramel color.  I can pull it off alone but I prefer to layer the cream blush underneath it. 

Cream blush:  This is a beautiful punchy pink that really makes my cheeks look like they have that healthy glow.  The texture is different from the core cream blushes in that it is thinner.  It also has a bit shorter of a lasting time on my face.

Concealer: Amazing!! Best concealer I've ever used by far.  Its very pigmented which means it is highly effective at covering dark circles or blemishes.  The shade 5 is perfect for my NC20ish self but could work up to NC25.

Eyeshadow: It looks scary and purpley in the pan but on my eyes it transforms into a gorgeous neutral brownish color.  It is very easy to blend out to be sheer or build up in intensity.  Lasting power is above average, even without a primer.

Bronzer: This is dark.  I have to use a very light hand to ensure that I don't look dirty.  It is essentially matte, medium brown with no detectable orange or red tones.  I think this would work with most skin tones but would be best on darker skins because it is so pigmented.

Another photo because I love it so much.

Overall, winner, even at the small size.  As you can see, all the products have been loved.  It is $65 but these are all quality products.  I think, with some detective work, you can still find this at some Le Metier de Beaute counters.  I know my counter still has some of the Marchesa collection in stock.