Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Stuff You Can't Have

This weeks stuff you can't have is Le Metier de Beaute Splendid Frost Kaleidoscope.  

I bought this kaleidoscope from my Le Metier counter when most of the others were sold out.  I was coerced by some lovely enablers into this purchase, and I'm pretty happy I was.   Le Metier kaleidoscopes are basically their palettes.  The colors are meant to be layered in a technique called couches de couleur.  This means layering of the colors and usually means you work from the top down, layering the colors right over each other.




Splendid frost came in 2 packaging colors, black and white (seen here).  All 4 shadows can slide out independently and it contains a large mirror at the top.  Here's what the palette looks like all closed up.



The pans are all quite large, about the size of Makeup Forever or Chantecaille shadows.  I can't really imagine using them up (which is why I'm ok with this being limited edition). 

The 4 shadows in this palette are a taupey brown:
a matte gray:
a shimmery peachy pink:
and a navy blue with different colored micro glitter:


And of course, they are even more beautiful when swatched.
I like to wear the top shade as a wash just by its self and the peachy shade makes a really nice blush too. 
The texture of these shadows are beyond comparison.  They are silky and almost cream like.  They basically blend themselves, and they layer into increasing complexity instead of muddiness like some other shadows.
This palette was $95 and rumor has it that the Le Metier facebook page has a tab to show you where you can still purchase old kaleidoscopes.  If you can still get your hands on this lovely, definitely don't hesitate.


As I've been boiling here recently (I have a very low tolerance for heat and humidity) the question for this Sunday is:
What is your favorite way to cool down during summer?