Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Chantecaille Lip Chic in Sari Rose and Tea Rose

Chantecaille lip chics are among my favorite lipsticks.  I used to be one of those people who wouldn't wear lipstick because I thought all lipsticks would dry out my lips.  I do still have quite dry lips, but I have since found formulas that suit my lips.  The lip chic is one of them.  The texture is somewhat like a thick balm.  They actually leave my lips in better shape then they started in, something I never thought I would say in relation to a lipstick. They aren't super pigmented but still impart color in my medium pigmented lips.  They are so fuss free and easy to use, I'm fairly certain most people wouldn't need to use a lip liner.  However, I cannot comment for those with lip lines as I am fortunate as to not suffer from that yet.
This beauty is tea rose.  I would call it a medium rose color that doesn't lean to warm or too cool.
I think this color would work on most skin tones, definitely worse at least a swatch.

This is sari rose and it is an orangey nude color.  When I first tried it, I wasn't sure I particularly liked it on me but I have really grown to love it.  Its such a mindless color.
I think this color would work best for those with warmer skin tones.  Those with cooler skin tones should look for a nude with more pink in it.

Overall, I think everyone needs to own one of these.  They are just one of those effortless items you can slap on while running out the door. I have since acquired a third color, heirloom, which I will swatch and post soon.

In other news, I have added some new items to the blog sale, so be sure to check that out here