Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

All the New Nail Polishes!

I have really been liking the nail polishes that have been coming out recently.  Despite having more nail polishes than I can use in a lifetime, I bought some more.  You know how it is when your a beauty junkie.  Your need for new and exciting things can never be satisfied.  O and be warned, this is going to be a really long post, but don't worry, there will be lots and lots of pictures.

First up, my zoya exchange.  For those of you who have never heard of this, zoya takes your old unwanted polishes and sends you new zoya polishes for half the price.  I sent in 10 polishes, so I got 10 new, shiney zoyas.

This one is Evangeline.  It's a shimmery pinkish red color, bordering on glittery. 


This one is Meiko.  It is very similar to Evangeline except more red. 


This one is Gabrielle.  It is a shimmery orange that is very sheer.  It takes alot of coats to get to good opacity. 


This one is Elise.  It is a frosty light orange color.  Unlike Gabrielle, this one is quite opaque.


This is Pippa.  As per all yellow creams, it is a little streaky on the first coat.  However, the second coat smooths it out quite a bit.  It is such a pretty yellow though.


This little beauty is Zara.  She is a light purple with gold shimmer to it.  It is love as is all polishes with gold shimmer in it.


This little baby is Eva.  Sorry for the chips.  I swatched them one day and didn't have time to take pictures until the next day.  This is a really pretty corally cream.  Don't worry, it lasts much longer with a top coat on.


This is Kiki.  I am such a sucker for hot pink polishes.  Even better, Kiki has a purple flash and shimmer!


This is Snow White.  I was in need of a good white cream since the Wet N Wild one I had was wayy too streaky.  This one is much nicer.


This little beauty is Gaia.  She's a white color with gold shimmer.  If angels wore nail polishes, I imagine this is what it would look like.

Next up is a lovely Chanel.  This is the first Chanel I purchased.  The other one is from a swap. 


Her name is Illusion D'or and she is limited edition.  Typical.  Cosmetic companys love to do limited edition.  Anyways, IDO is a gold flakey polish with purple iridescent glitter.  In my opinion, it is truly unique.  However, this one is very sheer, much better as a top layer. 

Here it is over the new Essie's in sun:

It was really hard to capture the shimmer, but I really like it over Turquoise and Caicos. 

Here it is in full sun:

I think this shows the shimmer a little bit better.

Now, on to the Essies.  I got the mini four pack.

On the left is Lapis of Luxury.  I love it so much I swapped for a full size one.  It is kind of a dusty blue.  The gray is Playa del Platinum.  It is a very nice gray with a tinge of yellow.

The pink is Splash of Grenadine.  It is a cream pink with a bit of purple in it.  The green is Turquoise and Caicos.  This one is probably my favorite.  In fact, I am wearing right now as I write this. 

The formula on all of these is good.  The are quite opaque but it still takes 2 coats at least to even it out.