Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Shiseido Hydropowder eyeshadows

I have been a big fan of cream products lately.  This is probably because I have been spending a large portion of my time over at my boyfriend's house and it is much easier for me to just bring items I can apply with my fingers instead of lugging an armada of applicators with me. 
During a trip to Nordstrom, I happened upon Shiseido's hyropowder eyeshadows.  They are little pots of cream eyeshadow in a rainbow of colors.  I swapped for the 2 I own, Rose Tulle and Violet Visions.
These shadows claim to be waterproof and budgeproof. When used with a base, I do agree.  However, they do not stand up to my lids alone. 

Here is rose tulle:


This one is a very light pink.  However, it is also very glittery which makes it kind of gritty.  I like to use this one as a highlighter on my brow bone.

Here is violet visions:
This particular color is absolutely lovely.  Its a very cool purple with a bluish flash.  Unlike Rose Tulle, violet visions does not have any glitter.  I like to use it as a wash of color on my top lids though I would imagine it would be nice as an undereye liner too. 

Overall I have been pleased with these.  I am hoping to expand my collection by adding languid lagoon, aqua shimmer and glistening sand.