Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond

I am a bad makeup blogger. I own maybe two highlighters. I know, chastise me now. Its ok, I'm sure I will acquire more.  I got Dior Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond (whew, that was a mouth full) back when Sephora had the friends and family sale, yay for 20% off! I had only been lemming it for basically ever. 
Amber Diamond has strips of color ranging from white to gold to bronze. You can use them to control the amount of color you want in your highlighter.  The left side is good for a lighter, more white highlighter.  The right side can be used for a darker, more bronzey gold highlighter.
I like to use it on the top of my cheekbones.  It can also be used down the bridge of the nose or anywhere else you would like to highlight.  I have also heard of people using it over a matte blush or as eyeshadow. 
The texture is amazing, light and buttery.  It is easy to use it subtley.  I just lightly swipe my brush across all the colors and tap off the excess before applying.  If you want more intensity, you can definitely layer it, but I think it can start to look a tad frosty. 
This swatch shows all the colors blended together.  It looks great on me when I'm pale and I'm sure will look even better when I am tan. 
The packaging is the typical sturdy, blue Dior packaging.  It comes in the velvety pouch as shown in the first picture. It also has a nice big mirror. 
This costs $44 and can be purchased at retailers such as Sephora and Nordstrom.

What is your favorite highlighter?