Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lanolips in Rhubarb

Several weeks ago, I won this Lanolips in the shade rhubarb from My Lips But Better blog.  I was so so so excited as I pretty much never win anything.  My mom and I make my dad sign up for all contests and drawings as he is the lucky one in the family. 
Anyways, I've been wearing my Lanolips almost every day since receiving it in the mail, and I have to say, I'm in love.  The texture is light and not sticky.  It is very moisturizing.  I love that it has spf 15 to protect my lips from the sun (not that its out very much lately).

It is a squeeze tube with a blunt end instead of a slanted applicator tip.  I find it easiest to squeeze some out and use my finger to apply.  My only issue with the application is that in the cold weather, it gets difficult to squeeze out.  I usually stick it in my pocket for a bit to warm it up. 

As for the color, it is a nice warmish medium pink.  Being that it is mainly a balm, it isnt very pigmented.  I find that it imparts a sheer MLBB (my lips but better) look which is slightly hilarious considering where I got it from.  I don't detect any shimmer in it at all.
Would I recommend this? Yes I would.  Excellent product.  The only problem is that it isn't really available in the US.  In fact, I'm not really even sure how to get them in the US.  Ebay might be a good place to look to start out.  Hopefully they will come here soon.