Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Top Products of 2011

Happy New Year!  I am officially graduated from college and hope to resume a more regular blogging schedule with the new year (resolution 1).  The above photo was taken with the Instagram app in San Francisco on New Years Eve.  You can follow me on Instagram if you would like under the name Luvsong4mygloss.

Because I love best of lists, I present to you my top products of 2011.  My list will not have only products acquired in 2011 or released in 2011.  I will just let you know what I have been using the most this year.  I'm posing off of Dempeaux and doing 11 for 2011 (hope you don't mind). 

1. Chantecaille Future Skin
 I love this foundation.  I have loved it ever since I tried it.  I think I have gone through 4 pots of it.  It creates a really natural finish and really blurs imperfections.  It isn't the longest lasting but it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. 

2. Chantecaille Lip Chic
These are ultramoisturizing, sheer, balm like lipsticks.  I aspire to own every color.  My favorite at the moment is still tea rose.  Its the best my lips but better shade.  This year I upped my drama ante with violetta.  

3. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Shadows
These were a fairly recent discovery.  The powder/ cream hybrid shadows are easy to apply and high impact.  I added two from the holiday collection to my collection and haven't looked back.  If you don't have one yet, get thy self to Neimans, Saks, or select Nordstroms and pick one up now.  

4. CND Sticky Basecoat
I used this a while ago and then strayed.  I don't know why I did.  This stuff is amazing.  It really holds my polish on.  I apply it over my treatment product, currently Essie.

5. The Body Shop Shea Butter Body Butter
This is a recent discovery.  As you may or may not know, I have sensitive skin and psoriasis.  I have a tendency to break out in hives at certain products (oh hi korres).  I tried this and haven't looked back.  It is scented but not offensively so.

6. Chantecaille skincare 
I have finally (mostly) cleared my skin.  I use the rice and geranium cleanser, vital essence, flower harmonizing cream, detox mask and fruit and flower acids mask.  Its really gentle and smells great.

7. Kim's Beauty Detox
I tried this out thanks to Christa of Perilously Pale.  The glowing green smoothie has been integral in clearing my skin.  If you haven't heard of Kimberly Snyder, you should definitely check out her site.  

8. Giorgio Armani Blushing Fabric
This was a new acquisition for 2011.  Its a silicone texture, super easy to blend out and beautiful colors.  Give me more!! 

9. L'Occitane Hand Cream 
I have tried the original and lavender and loved both.  These are super moisturizing and don't leave my hands greasy.  I also love that it comes in a purse friendly size.

10. Wen Cleansing Conditioner 
I have to thank Jeanie from Makeup Merriment for this one (owe you one!).  Its a one step shampoo, conditioner AND leave in conditioner.  I found it helps my hair dry faster, lessens frizz and leaves it volumized and shiny.  

11. Le Metier de Beaute Lip Creme
Its like a liquid lipstick.  The colors are gorgeous.  It lasts longer than a regular gloss.  I need more!

And now, to change it up, here are the products I would like to try in 2012.

1. Guerlain Rouge Automatique- I've heard many good things about these, and I do love me some lipstick.

2. Something from Cle de Peau- Panties of The Black Panties has me dying to try an extra silky lipstick.

3. Kiehls Creme de Corps- Since I have moved back to a drier climate, I need to moisturize more often.  This sounds nice.

4. Fragrance- Near the end of 2011, I started to really get into fragrance.  I would love to explore more.  I have already added Diptyque Eau Duelle to my collection and hope to add more.

What were your favorites of 2011?  What do you hope to try in 2012?