Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute Classic-Flawless Finish Liquid Foundation

Le Metier de Beaute's cult base product would definitely be the Peau Vierge Tinted treatment product which means the foundation has been pushed to the wayside.  As much as I would love to be able to just wear PV, I just need a little more coverage for my blemishes and scarring.  The Classic-Flawless Finish Liquid Foundation is a much better choice for me. 
According to the Neiman Marcus website:
"This Lightweight, light diffusing, creamy formula evens out skintone and imperfections for a luminous, natural look" 
It is touted for being hydrating, lasting all day, and containing vitamins A&E.  It also contains spf 8 (ok I'll admit, spf 8 is really not very impressive.  I wouldn't rely on this to be your only sun protection)

I got matched to shade 3 which is one of their lighter shades.  The range contains 12 shades which go quite dark and have an amazing ability to adjust to your skin.  When I first saw 3, I thought Danielle was crazy and that it wouldn't match but amazingly it blends right in. 
Here it is wet, looking quite pale (take into account this is swatched on my inner arm which basically never sees the sun so is lighter than my face). I have a picture of what color it dries, but you will have to keep reading to see it. (Muahahahaha).

As far as texture goes, it is quite liquidy and really easy to blend in.  Coverage is medium and buildable.  It gives me a nice base but I still need concealer to cover up some of the darker scarring (and my dark circles which have been getting increasingly darker, if anyone knows of a good eye cream for this, please let me know!).  I love the hydration factor.  I think this has helped to even out my combo skin. 

My only qualm with this is something I have a difficult time setting it.  It definitely doesn't get along with my Laura Mercier setting powder, which leaves me looking a bit cakey.  O well, I guess I will have to try the LMdB setting powder :)


O yes, you wanted to see the picture of how the foundation dries? Ok fine, here you go.
See, it dries much darker.  I would definitely recommend getting color matched at a counter or trying to get your hands on a sample before buying.