Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chanel Aqualumiere Lipstick in Positano

I have always wanted to travel to Italy.  For starters, I am part Italian.  I also love food.  I don't think I would travel somewhere that had bad food.  I am even taking Italian classes in college, which turned out to be wayy harder than I thought.  All this obsession with Italy has me loving all things that have Italian names.  It will definitely sway me to purchase something if it has an italian name (or something beachy but that is another story).  Last semester, my italian professor told our class that she thinks the most beautiful part of Italy is the Amalfi coast, so naturally, I now want to go there.



Enter my makeover at a recent Chanel event in Nordstroms.  I liked the lipstick.  It was a pretty pinky nude, and I did need a new nude lippie.  Well, when I found out it was called Positano I was sold for sure.  For those who don't know, Positano is a town in Amalfi.  It was like fate.


I really like that this has spf 15.  I like to spf my lips and have yet to find a good balm with spf.  I also really like the texture of this.  Its really nice and smooth.  Its moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as my Armani lipstick.  However, it is better than my YSL and Guerlain lipsticks.


It looks a little anemic there but it is a nice pinky beige color. It does not impart any shimmer on my lips, but in light, I can kind of see tiny shimmers in it.



Disclaimer:  I purchased this product with my own money.