Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Primer


Photo Courtesy of Clarins.com

I'm not really a primer person now that my skin is no longer oily.  I am just too lazy to do that extra step.  To top it off, I have never really found that they did all that much for my foundation application and wear.  However, being the avid beauty lover that I am, I still try them.  

I got a sample of this Clarins primer as a gift with purchase.  I decided that it was finally time to try it out.  I applied it with my fingers, just a small amount and rubbed it in really well.  First of all, this stuff is really silicone-y.  It felt kind of weird on my face.  However, I have heard all kinds of raves, so I proceeded.  First, I tried it with tinted moisturizer.  Yuck.  The tinted moisturizer just kind of sat on my face looking all gross.  I wiped that off and tried it again with my YSL foundation.  That was a little better, but I still found it hard to spread the foundation and make it look even.  

Here is a photo of a blob on my hand, for reference:


I don't think this primer really did much of anything for me.  However, on further research, I found that it is advertised for wrinkles and fine lines, none of which I have at this point in my life.  Maybe those who do would like it better.  Just for the record, I did not find it to have much of any smell.  I also did not find it to break me out in any way, which is always appreciated.