Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Laura Mercier Undercover Pot in Shade 2

The Laura Mercier Undercover Pot really is a versatile product: spot concealer, under-eye concealer and setting powder all in one little pot.

Said powder is Laura's translucent setting powder.  It is to be used to set everything once you are done.  I do like it.  I think it definitely helps set everything.  However, I think that it leaves kind of a cakey appearance, especially when used over certain concealers (I'm looking at you Benefit Boi-ing).  Because of this, I probably would not purchase this product on its own, as this powder does come by its self in a larger size.

The spot concealer is really nice and thick.  While from preliminary testing I can tell that it does cover quite well, I can't really give a good analysis as I was already too dark to use the shade in 2.  Which brings me to a positive point, this stuff comes in some really pale shades, good news for the lovely pale ladies out there.
The spot concealer is on the left here.  Sorry this picture ended up being a bit blurry, but, don't worry, another is coming soon.

Lastly, the under-eye concealer is a very, and I mean very, creamy concealer.  I would say coverage is medium at best.  I wouldn't consider my dark circles to be as bad as some, but I wouldn't go out of the house without under-eye concealer.  It did not completely cover them.  Granted, this shade does have alot of peach tones in it, so it did make up for it by doing quite a bit of brightening.  However, this creased on me as well.  This might not be so bad if I were a bit more advanced in years and had some lines under and around the eyes, but I am not.  I am 21 years old and the only time I see lines under my eyes is when I use this concealer.
 As in the above photo, the under-eye concealer is on the right.

Overall, I would not buy this product again.  I do know tons of people who have loved this product though so your mileage may vary.