Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

My Skincare Routine

Since I have finally found a skincare routine I am happy with, I have decided to final post about it for you guys.  My skin is still not where I want it to be, I'm struggling with quite a few acne scars now that my acne is down to a minimum, but I'm always very hesitant to add new products to my routine as my skin is very sensitive. On that note, it is also combination, normal, meaning i have a bit of oilyness in the t-zone area but not a lot and the rest of my face is normal, not dry or oily.  I am very sensitive thanks to a bout of retin-a a few years ago (before you go preaching to me about how to use retin-a properly, I was closely followed by a derm and I did use it in the correct way).  I am also highly acne prone and break out from consumption of dairy products (I'm lactose-intollerant).

And now, on to my routine.

AM:
In the morning, I cleanse my face with the Shu Uemura anti-oxidant cleansing oil.  Then, I apply Chantecaille vital essence with arbutin which is supposed to help with hyperpigmentation (I'm looking at you acne scars), but to be honest, I haven't seen much of a difference with the addition of the arbutin (I used the regular version before).  I did notice that my face is more balanced with this product though.  Next, I use clindamyacin phosphate lotion, which is a prescription from my derm for my acne.  It is very mild and gentle and I actually find it to be hydrating enough that I do not need an extra moisturizer in the day time.  (Not pictured)  Lastly, I used the Josie Maran Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil Infused spf 40+, phew, that is a mouth full.  This is the only sunscreen I have found that doesn't break me out or make me feel like my face is on fire (I'm very sensitive to chemical sunscreen ingredients.  This sunscreen uses titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as its sunscreen ingredients, both physical blockers.  If needed, I spot treat with the DDF benzoyl peroxide gel.

PM:
Just like the morning, I cleanse with the Shu Uemura oil.  This stuff is amazing for removing all my makeup but is great for sensitive skin.  I follow that with my Acanya gel, which is also a prescription for acne that contains benzoyl peroxide and clindamyacin.  I follow that with the Desert Essences Jojoba oil patted into my face.  I use eye cream but its usually just what ever sample I happen to have at the moment, so nothing in particular.  Also, twice a week I use the Bulgari radiance facial exfoliator.  I also use masks at least once a week. One of my favorites is Origins Out of Trouble masks.  I have several masks that I used to like by dry to be hard which I am finding to be especially aggravating to my skin lately, so I have repurposed them to overnight spot treatments.


I also have a clarisonic which I use at least once a week, usually at night with my Shu oil.  I also own a tria acne treatment light which i use over active spots whenever time permits (it is a pretty time consuming device).

If you have any questions, leave them in the comments or email me.  Also, let me know your favorite mask as I am in the market for a new one :)