Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Stuff You Can't Have

Today I bring you Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Extravagant Berry from Holiday 2010.  This lipstick has crazy gorgeous gold sparkle on the outside of the bullet.
The gold sparkle is part of what attracted me to this lipstick because I really can't think of any other reason.  I'm not usually an Estee Lauder fan and I usually avoid there stuff.  The foundations break me out and I find the skincare to be too harsh.  But, this lipstick was pretty and I was able to swap for it. 
The color does not disappoint, gorgeous, saturated, vampy reddish berry.  It looked oh so sexy on the lips for about 5 minutes, which was the time it took to suck the moisture out of my lips.  Now, granted, I have extremely sensitive and dry lips.  My favorite lipstick formulas are Paul & Joe, Chantecaille lip chic and hydrachic, and Laura Mercier Stick Gloss. 

Do I think you could still get your hands on this lipstick if you wanted to?  I'm sure you could find it with some searching. 

On other notes, I took my mom to see Danielle at the Le Metier de Beaute counter in my Neiman Marcus.  We both got our makeup done, mine was using the lovely Penelope Kaleidoscope, which made my eyes look huge.  I wasn't really paying attention during my mom's (I know bad beauty blogger), but I was getting a facial at the Bulgari counter (seriously, their skincare is amazing and smells so good).  I also forgot my camera, so I couldn't take pictures of how gorgeous we left looking.  My mom picked up the lash growth serum and the liquid liner pen in aqua.  She also took home a sample of the Peau Vierge treatment.  I'm still fighting the good fight to convince her that it's ok to spend money on good skincare and base makeup products. 

Did anyone else do anything fun or are still planning fun things this weekend?