Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Birchbox, What's It About

Since it's almost August, I decided to show you what was in my July Birchbox.  Makes sense right? Ha.  Well, I decided to show you more so I could explain about Birchbox than to show the contents of my July Box.

Birchbox comes with a card in it explaining the four products inside and the extra.  Products commonly found in a Birchbox are makeup, skincare, body care and hair care.  This month, I received a Korres showergel, Philosophy Purity Made Simple Face wash, Pur Minerals Pressed Mineral Makeup with a small brush, and Redken Shine Flash Hairspray.  The Extra was a Kind Almond and Apricot bar.  As you can say, Birchbox has quite the variety of brands to send out each month.

The contents.  With Birchbox, you get a variety of deluxe samples that Birchbox chooses for you.  A few qualms I have, you cannot opt out of types of items that you know don't work for you.  Purity Made Simple breaks me out and I am allergic to Korres.  That is two products in this box that I am unable to use.  Also, boxes sent out for the same month can include different items.  For example, one of my friends in New York received a Nuxe oil in her July box.

However, Birchbox is only $10 shipped, which really is a great deal.  Also, it gives you a great way to try products you might not otherwise have tested or even been drawn towards.  As a result of Birchbox, I have fallen in love with Oscar Blandi Jasmin oil serum (review coming soon).  If you would like to check out some of the brands Birchbox offers, and they are constantly expanding, head over to Birchbox.com.

*If you would like to sign up, let me know and I can send you a referral.**


**If I refer you, I will receive 50 Birchbox points.