Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara in Azure Blue

As much as I love neutrals, I also love a pop of color.  Saying this to makeup artists at various counters has sometimes gotten me in trouble though.  I once walked out of a makeover with 80's blue eyeshadow all the way up to my eye brows and bright orange cheeks.  That, I would not consider a pop of color.  That would be coloring throwing up on me.  Even in high school, I really loved a neural eyeshadow with a bright colored eye liner.

For summer, I decided that I wanted to get a nice blue mascara.  I really can't tell you why I chose Diorshow.  I actually despise the formula.  I have owned the original and just hated it.  I thought it was clumpy and didn't make my lashes look dramatic at all.  And I have pretty nice lashes to start out with!  Anyways, maybe I just bought it for the shade.  It is a lovely one, a very bright blue.
It doesn't translate this blue on your lashes unless you are in direct sunlight.  Also, if you load up on coats it gets pretty bright.  Despite my aversion to Diorshow, I quite liked this mascara.  I think it served its purpose as a nice blue for summer while actually being waterproof, even when submerged in a lake. 

Here is the brush.  It is pretty darn large by my standards, which is probably a large part of the reason that I do not like it.  I also hated Benefit Badgal which I think has a similar brush. 

Overall:  If you are looking for a nice poppy blue colored mascara that is also waterproof, this is for you. 

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money.