Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stuff on the Cheap: Rimmel Stay matte foundation

I got pretty darn tan at the beginning of this summer which left me with a dilemma, what the heck am I going to do about foundation?  I moseyed over to the drugstore, something I rarely do for foundations, and picked up this little baby.  I had heard tons of good things about the Stay Matte powder, and I was getting pretty oily from the humidity.

I picked up 200, which has the right undertones, but is probably still a little lighter than I should have gotten. 
*note: I know this looks like a decent match and maybe a little dark, but I prefer to match my face to my chest, which is darker than my inner arm. 

The texture of this is nice and it's fairly easy to blend.  The coverage is on the lighter side of medium, but I wouldn't recommend trying to build it up or you risk caking.  Staying power is pretty decent, much better than I was expecting from a drugstore product.  I did still need to powder it but only because of the hot weather. 

Overall: Pretty darn good for the price!

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money.