Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dior Diorskin Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

In case I haven't mentioned yet, I have psoriasis.  I will not take time to explain it.  If you do not know what it is, there are plenty of places online that can explain it probably better than me.  I do have some patches on my face which I like to cover with concealer.  The current concealer I am using, Vincent Longo Creme concealer, just kind of accentuated the flakiness.  When I saw that Dior had a new hydrating concealer, of course, I had to try it.

This is the part in the story where I begin my rant of sephora customer service.  When I asked the sales associate to color match me for that concealer, she tried to tell me that that wasn't the concealer for me, without even asking me anything about myself.  Wow, I wasnt aware that SA's could tell everything about you just from one look! I must get this training.  After I explained to her why i wanted it, she proceeded to ask the Dior rep who happened to be in store that day, the reason I came on that day, if she thought it would be good to me.  Of course the Dior rep said it would be fine and I finally got color matched to shade 002.  It was an alright match in september.  After this, she tried to just walk away when the Dior rep suggested she try a new powder on me.  Reluctantly, she applied it to a very small portion of my face which was not enough for me to tell if I like it so I asked for a sample.  After that, she basically ran away.  Gee, thanks for the help.  Did I smell bad or something? I'm pretty sure I went right after I had had a shower.  Anyways, I ended up purchasing the concealer.
 
 This picture is from Nordstrom.com
This also comes in Ivory 001, Honey 003, and Mocha 004, not nearly enough shades if you ask me.  The texture is nice for a liquid concealer.  It covers quite nicely.  However, after a little bit, it wouldnt blend well and it was pretty orangey.  The price wasn't awful at $28 USD.  
In the end, I returned it to Sephora.  

In other news, there was an 8.8 earthquake in Chile.  My prayers go out to them as well as the people expecting the tsunamis as a result of this.  

Disclaimer:  This product was bought by me, from Sephora.