Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral Shimmer


How is everyones' day today?  I had an absolutely horrible day yesterday.  I felt so sick and gross.  My poor boyfriend for having to put up with my snarkiness :P    Well, I got some medicine, so I am feeling much better today.  I even managed to work out a little: Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video.  For those of you who are short on time, this video is awesome.  The work out is only 20 mins but it is very intensive.  I think its pretty effective, but I do not rely on it as the only workout I ever do. 

Back to the picture above.  I had pretty much resigned my self to being resigned to high end, at least in the lipstick department.  I have such dry lips, as I'm sure I have mentioned before, and every drugstore lipstick I had tried just dried them out something awful.  Let's just say my mother has a quite extensive stash of drugstore lipsticks at this point.  She doesn't seem to share my problem. 

Then, one magical day, to sun came out and birds were singing and I received Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Coral shimmer as an extra in a swap.  At first, I looked at it and thought, ew drugstore lipstick, this will go back to someone else as a swap extra. After that last thing I tried from Rimmel, those terrible shadow sticks, I wasn't expecting much. But, then I saw the name and decided I would just try it.  Who knows, with all the technology and everything maybe a drugstore brand made a lipstick I might like.  Well, I liked it.  No, I loved it.  It is coral so of course I love the color, but the formula is amazing!
It has spf 18 which is very nice for summer too.  I find this very moisturizing.  It feels almost as nice as the Shu Lollishines that I just reviewed. 
The color is a light peachy coral with alot of shimmer.  I like it but those who don't like alot of shimmer probably won't.  I even like the packaging.  Its pretty darn cute if you ask me. 

This is the only one I have tried, so I cannot speak to the other colors.  I would love to hear about it if any of you have tried them. 

Sorry, I seemed to have gotten away from myself here and written a ridiculously long post.  Well, this lipstick deserved it, an A for sure.