Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jane Iredale Catherine Lipstick

I have never tried anything Jane Iredale until this lipstick.  Being that the brand is not readily available, I have just never had much exposure to it.  When I got this lipstick in my most recent beauty test tube, I was very excited to try it out.  The packaging is not super exciting but also not boring or ugly, a plain shiny yellow gold tube embossed with Jane Iredale's name. 
 
The formula is pretty good, not really drying but not moisturizing.  I would have to say that it is not much better than most drugstore lipsticks that I have tried.  That is, except for the fact that it is quite pigmented.  Catherine is a nice brown, red.  Brick would be an appropriate name for it.  In full opacity, it is probably more appropriate for night on my NC20ish skin, but it can be sheered out quite easily.  I am willing to postulate that it would look amazing on olivey skinned people. 

 
  
This swatch is just one swipe.  Look at all that color! Here is a lip picture of it kind of sheered out using my finger. 

 
There is no shimmer.  The shimmer that you see is left over from my lip swatch of the clinique lipstick. 
Have you tried anything Jane Iredale?  If so, what is your favorite product and why? 

Disclaimer: I got this in my beauty test tube which I purchased.