Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

20 Days Of Tinted Moisturizers: Day 2


Aveda Inner Light Tinted Moisturizer

I loved this stuff for quite some time.  In fact, I think I actually went through like 4 tubes!!! For those of you who are "normal", going through 4 of anything is quite a feat to a beauty enthusiast.  I generally like Aveda products.  I have sensitive skin and it tends to have no aversion to what they make.  

This was the first tm I have tried.  It started my love for them.   The consistency is thick and creamy.  Most days I could get away with not putting a regular moisturizer on underneath it.  It also has spf 15 which help me cut out the sunscreen step also.  It comes in a squeeze tube, which I quite liked.   It was nothing pretty by any means but it didn't like cheap or gaudy.  

I used number 2, beechwood.  This color was never a "match" for me per say.  I generally gravitate toward tm's that are a tad darker as I like them to bronze me a bit.  It was muchh to dark in the winter though.  I tend to change color quite a bit between summer and winter.  In summer, it was perfectly fine.  The color range of these is not great but its better than some.  If you are quite pale, good luck finding a match here.  I am about nc20 and the 2nd lightest shade was a bit dark for me...you get the drift.  

The product gives a nice glow, which is all find and dandy when you have no oil production going on in your skin, but it just made me look kind of greasy at times.  Powdering a bit usually solved that issue.  

Overall, I think the only reason I switched was to find a better color and because I found it too thick for my preferences.  It could have also been because I decided that there must be something better out there and it was my job to find it.  

Grade: B+,  great stuff for normal-dry skin who have nc20-probably nc45 skin. 


Disclaimer: This product was bought by me, the reviewer.